Are you ready for another installment of "What We've Been Up to Lately- as told in too many pictures"?
No?
Well, too bad, because here we go!!
October was a really rainy month, so that meant a lot of indoor playing, which meant a lot of fort buildings. Owen learned how to not stand up when under the coffee table (ouch) and Henry learned he is perfectly cut out to be a gargoyle.
Austin's artwork always cracks me up. He chooses brown and black often for colors... once he colored a whole page in with pencil lead (because he wanted it silver, that's why!) and is very linear in his thinking. His little brown house of us cracked me up in particular because of the backward "S". It raises our coolness factor quite a bit to be "The Glynnz"
(and no, that little thing in the middle is NOT a baby. It is Henry, according to Mr. Artist himself)
We went out for pizza to celebrate my Mom's and Grandma's birthdays and Austin was eyeing the black horse on the Merry-Go-Round so he was pumped when it was his turn and he got the black horse!! Owen was just glad he got to sit by brudder. My Mom and I were just glad we didn't get motion sickness.
#RoundAndRoundAndRound
Sometimes, you just want to crawl under all the couch cushions and disappear for awhile, right? Expect when you are two and four, it becomes less about relaxing and more about being silly.
In September when Owen had his well-child check up, they offered to give Austin a flu shot. Well, he damn near crawled up the wall screaming "no no no no nonononononono!!!!!!!!!!!!!" about it, so I didn't push it and thought we'd try again later. I signed him up for one of our pediatrician's flu clinics in the evening and told Neal it was his turn to take him and convince him to get a shot. Of course he did SO WELL for Daddy (that stinker) took the shot pretty well, and was excited about his sticker afterwards! Neal is now the Official Parent On Duty When Shots Are Involved parent. Congrats to him on this promotion.
One perk of our new house is that we live 5 minutes away from what will be the boy's elementary school, and they have an awesome playground. Part of it is covered too, so even rainy days don't stop us! And neither does playing in pajamas. Austin can do the monkey bars all on his own now (kid's got skills!) and I even let them spin me dizzy in exchange for 10 mins of quiet back at home. Guess who lost that trade?
Sigh. Mornings.
I bought some local raw honey to start eating to see if that would help with what is turning out to be chronic sinus pain. Austin is also really suffering from some kind of allergy that makes his eyes itch a lot, so I got him to start drinking "honey juice." (honey and warm water and lemon)
He loves it!!! But, little brother had to try some too and was less than impressed. He's ready to just switch to coffee, I think.
Presenting... my genius Mom invention. Apple-On-A-Cob. Fun for all ages! Expect the age of 35. Because Mom has to actually peel the dang apple, which is not easy.
I love kids. They think chores and cleaning are super fun games! I was cleaning the house one night and the boys wanted to help so bad... so I gave them paper towels and glass cleaner and now our windows are wonderfully streaky and the floors are saturated with drips of glass cleaner
#Perfect
So funny how kids flip back and forth... remember when Austin wanted nothing to do with me? Now I'm totes the favorite. I'm getting lots of snuggles with my sweet lanky, almost-too-big-for-my-lap firstborn and I just love it.
November 2, 2016... a day that will live forever in our hearts as the BEST DAY IN NEAL'S LIFE, LIKE EVER!!!!!!!!
The Cubs won the World Series! For the first time since 1908. There was a lot of yelling going on in our house, and champagne popping, and screaming, and yelling, and crying and screaming and... well, screaming. Way to go Cubbies!!!
So I had to redeem myself as a wife because the night the Cubs won, I was totally the wet blanket in the room... "um... can you go outside to scream? Ok, um, haha... yes, fun.. cool... uh... Austin needs to go to bed. Yeah, Austin needs to go to bed, like now. Um yeah, they won! Whoo hoo... um... Austin, you need to get to bed." So I felt bad for not just living in the moment.
So I surprised Neal with a "dinner from Wrigley Field".... Chicago dogs, fries, and Wheegmans Old Fashioned (a specific cocktail they serve in the club levels at the ballpark)
I won some wifey points back.
So that's life lately in our house!!
No comments:
Post a Comment