Wow... summer and blogging just don't mix, am I right?
So brace yourself. Photo overload..... here's what we've been up to in July!
Neal goes on a golf trip with some buddies every year, so Austin went down to Camp Gramma and I was home with just Owen for a long weekend. It's always so nice to get 1-on-1 time with a kiddo, and even more so with the 2nd kid... we laughed and shopped and read books upside-down. #YerDoingItWrong
Oh boy.. when brother came home from a week at Gramma's though... BROTHERS UNITE!!! These two were so happy to see each other and it just about made my heart explode, then melt in a puddle then dance around spewing glitter everywhere. I mean..
#ALL. THE. FEELS.
Once we were back as a family of 4... our busy summer continued! Austin did a week-long kiddie soccer camp. You know, where they take a water break every 5 minutes and you have to bring a whole cooler of snacks for the 45 minute camp.
#Priorities
We were invited to a birthday party at a little kid's gym and Owen had no desire to participate with the party but just did his own thing the whole time... I can't believe how strong he's getting, and how fearless he's become. I mean, I can't even hang from those rings!!!
#GreatTwoFearlessKidsToWrangle
Summers mean baseball in our family... Neal plays on a team and the boys LOVE being at the field... because there are things to hit (hopefully balls and not people's heads) and dirt. Lots and lots of dirt. So... if you are like "Jess, how's raising two boys going??" Well, there's your answer.
#HandSanitizerIsPointless
We signed Austin up for a 4 week trial period of Tae Kwon Do. So far he loves it and he looks so cute in his little Gi (that's the robe/uniform thingy). My Mom came up to visit for a few days and got to watch one of his classes! The instructor talks about how to be a good person, and not bully, how to behave and think "like a black belt" and I love those lessons. We'll see if this is something we continue with!
#BTW-OwenPickedOutHisOutfitByHimself
Well that's been our life lately! Dirt, baseball, sports, dirt, wacky outfits and more dirt. Gotta love being a Boy Mom!
No comments:
Post a Comment