Welcome August!!!
Even though it's felt like August since June because we've had the hottest summer ever... so really there wasn't anything grand about welcoming August.
Other than the thought of "holy cow, Owen is almost 1!!!!" and the fact we had a really proper summer day this Saturday!
Well, I had to work in the morning so that wasn't too awesome.. I had an urgent purchase order to write (gotta make sure Kroger stores have Star Wars costumes for Halloween!) so I went in to the office for a bit and got a sweet send off at the door!
That face... I just love him!
While I got my work done, Neal sent me this picture. They went on a nice little cruise around our neighborhood.
When I got home Owen went down for his nap and Austin and I every Ninjan Turtle puzzle in the box.. I think there are 6 total. And we had to talk about each one. And each turtle. And which turtle is cool. And which one is scared. And who wears what color. And so on.
For the record, Donatello is always scared, Leonardo is the leader and Austin's favorite and Mommy likes Raphael in the red (according to Austin).
After Owen was up from his nap we got ready and headed out to our realtor Loree's parent's house. See, Loree is our realtor but also our friend. She used to work at my office years ago before she left to do real estate, so she and I have a lot of friends in common. That's how she became our realtor in the first place. Her parent's have an amazing in-ground pool and don't have any grandkids.. so they loved the chance to have little ones over for the day.
They are very sweet people and had tons of floaties and Austin just had a blast!
Once he discovered how fun it is to slide down the slide and land on the little boat floatie... that's all he wanted to do.
Owen loved it too, because like I said, that kid LOVES the water! We held him on his tummy and he was moving his arms, and wiggling his butt and kicking his legs like he wanted to be let go of and just swim!!! We need to get him into lessons this Fall for sure! Swimming and the water might be a passion for him.
He also like just cruising around with me, his sippie cup and his sweet mohawk.
We had a yummy BBQ lunch and then ice cream and berries for dessert!!! Austin took his ice cream with a side of ice cream (no berries).
And Owen preferred berries with a side of berries (no ice cream).
We left in the late afternoon and within minutes of being in the car...
And when we got home, Austin popped awake and somehow had energy to play Punch Ball (a game we invented where we throw and punch a beach ball) while Owen became the super tired and dazed kid.
August was off to a fun start!!
No comments:
Post a Comment