Well this wasn't a very fun or exciting Saturday.
Austin caught the plague that Neal and I had just gotten over a few days prior. Since Austin had his flu shot (Neal and I hadn't) what went through our house was either not the flu, or some strain of the flu that wasn't covered with the vaccine. I'm thinking the latter.
Friday night he started running a fever and was really hot to the touch. I couldn't find our thermometer so I didn't know what his fever was but he was hot. And he had no desire to play in his usual way, he just wanted to lay around and watch a movie.
That's how you know when your active little boy is sick.
So we got a movie off Netflix and took a sick selfie on the floor to cheer up..
We had a rough night with him... coughing, crying, needing cuddles... midnight doses of cough medicine and Tylenol... poor buddy.
The next morning he wasn't any better. Still smiling, but not better. I found our thermometer and his temp was 103.8! Yikes.
He spent the morning singing songs with Daddy and watching cartoons.
I think he was a little delighted in being sick.. I let him eat popsicles to cool down and he got "red juice" (Pedialyte) which he knows is special when you are sick.
While Austy rested, Owen tried to cheer him up by doing a pretty mean sprinkler dance:
It was such a nice day we felt like we'd be wasting it inside all day so we packed up our little patient and went for a walk/ride to get some fresh air.
Owen just continued to have a fun day and got to try Puffs for the first time!
He did a great job of picking them up and getting them in his mouth.. but he gagged on them several times so he's probably not quite ready. We'll try again!
We had a quiet evening of some Pants-On-The-Head action and some brotherly fire truck inspection.
Sick days can still be fun days!
No comments:
Post a Comment