Another fairly quiet Saturday for us.. it was pouring down rain, so it was nice to be mostly cozy inside today!
I started the day by going to Zumba... and got my butt kicked. I learned several things:
1. Dancing is NOT like riding a bike. You lose your groove and rhythm.. and for someone who's danced for a cumulative 25 years of my life.. I was flailing like a fish out of water.
2. Jumping up and down a bunch after birthing 2 children makes things leak out of your body
3. I am horribly out of shape and the middle aged ladies in the class could shimmy circles around me.
All that aside, class was awesome, and I came home sweaty and feeling really great! I quickly changed and we headed over to our friends' house for their little guy's 3rd birthday party.
Owen had fun playing with his lady friend Savanna.
Austin had fun playing outside in the rain and eating lots of snacks and treats. Toddler heaven...
Owen helped Auntie Sarah fix her bangs...
Then just loved on her for awhile...
After the party we headed home and I planted myself in front of the fire (my favorite spot.. I usually have to fight Henry for the rights) and made my grocery list. Austin declared that he had to "go warm up by da fire wif Mommy!"
I had no objections.
He then somehow convinced me to take him to the store with me... I for some reason thought it would be fun.
Hardy har har.
He wanted in the cart.
Out of the cart.
He wanted to lift the heavy milk.
Open the milk.
Lift the heavy orange juice
Open the orange juice.
In the cart.
Out of the cart.
He wanted a pouch.
He wanted a pouch now.
He wanted a donut.
Did you forget about my pouch Mom?
He wanted to write on my list.
He threw a fit because he couldn't write on my list.
Sigh.
We survived the store.. mostly because I let him ride on the outside of the cart, much to his delight. He kept telling me "Daddy doesn't let me do this!!!"
The rest of the evening we just played and hung out at home... homemade soup for dinner, and a movie to cap off the night!
No comments:
Post a Comment