So I am really late in posting.. I've been distracted lately with life, and keeping up on my posts has really fell on the wayside.
Instead of a Project 857 post to recap Austin's family bday on 1/25 (because frankly, I didn't really get any pictures... I was just enjoying the day with my family) I'm just going to recap his real birthday which was Friday, 1/24.
What's better than waking up as a 2-year-old??? How about waking up as a 2-year-old who gets a donut for breakfast!!!
He was pretty delighted with the candle, the singing of Happy Birthday and did good blowing out his candle! And oh darn.. he didn't finish the whole donut and we had to help him out a bit. :-)
I took him in to school and his little friends decorated a card for him, and made him a Birthday crown that he wanted to wear all night long after I picked him up.
And he wanted to vacuum when we got home. Ok.... whatever floats your boat, there birthday boy.
Neal and I had him open presents from us that night, and he knew exactly what to do with them!
Thomas the Train stuff!!!!! All right!!!!!! He wanted it all set up immediately of course. Poor Neal.. Dads always get stuck setting up complicated toys. After about an hour, and a few head scratches we had a large (oh crap where are we going to store this thing???) Thomas set all rarin' to go.
If you can't tell, Austin thought it was worth the wait though!!!
He also got a smaller Thomas set... and got tired of posing for pictures.
I really can't believe my son is 2. I really can't. I don't think I can get into the sentimental feelings I have about him growing up or I would just ramble and blubber all over the place. But I will say this (in case he ever reads my blog posts)... I was a little scared and unsure when I was pregnant with him, but he is by far, the best, my amazing thing that has ever happened in my life. No words sometimes... and for someone who has no trouble being expressive.. to be speechless is a very big deal!
He is my heart and my soul and he always will be. My first baby, my Bambino, my little tornado. I'm so thrilled and honored I get to be his Mommy.
Ok.. I got through that in one piece!
The next day we had our whole family up to our house for brunch and to celebrate Austin! My parents, Neal's parents, Lori and Richard, my brother, sis-in-law and niece, my grandmothers, my Aunt from San Diego, my Uncle... we had a house full! It was awesome!
And left us like this:
Birthdays can be a lot of work!
Here's to the coming year and all the life adventures raising a 2-year-old will bring!
1 comment:
So adorable and still can't believe he's two and you have another on the way so awesome :-)
Post a Comment