Apparently one weekend of celebrating wasn't enough to ring in Austin's 2nd year... we turned around and did it all over again the next weekend!
Neal claims this was just an excuse to get our friends together and see one another... which I guess is true...
Anyways, this Saturday we invited all our friends and their kids to a sports bar near us that Neal's brother manages. There was a kid's play area, lots of room to run, a huge arcade area the kids loved... so it was a fantastic spot for a big group with toddlers in tow.
Austin personally tested out the long benches to make sure they were going to meet the high standards of a crawling, exploring toddler. I believe they passed with flying colors.
There were more presents!!!
I made cupcakes and I wish I could have gotten a picture of all the kids eating theirs.... major frosting mustaches/beards/facials going on... it was pretty cute.
I am so bad at getting pictures of our family. I just never remember. I made it a purpose to get one at this party because I didn't at Austin's family party the week prior. I'd say we are pretty cute. :-)
Actually, I'm just bad at getting pictures period. Pics of everyday life? No problem. But when it comes to events.. I get really shy about taking pictures. I feel weird making people group together for a picture, or I'm not sure how they would feel about showing up on my blog... so when we are around our group of friends, I rarely take pictures. That is something I wish I were better about, since I feel like these are memories I'd like to capture. Is anyone else like that? Picture-taking shy when it comes to friends and family?
Well, off that tangent... the birthday celebrations were complete! And a success! And we don't have to do them until next year! Yeah!
No comments:
Post a Comment