I have pictures to share today! Yeah!! I still might do bullet points though.. bullet points are fun. They make me feel so organized and matter-of-fact about the goings-on in my life.
Maybe that should be a resolution for 2014? Use more bullet points??
Wow, really reached far into my soul on that resolution, didn't I? :-)
Speaking of resolutions... there are blog posts everywhere talking about what people hope for in 2014. I thought about doing something like that, but then changed my mind.
I'm not very good at keeping lots of little resolutions (you know the drill... be happier, be kinder, eat better, workout more.. all the standard stuff), so that's why I'm not doing a post on it. I don't really have any resolutions. Not that I'm perfect and need no improvement, but just that I feel happy and content in my life.
Life is good. I have a great marriage, a fabulous kid, a cozy home and a steady job. If anything, I am just going to be more conscious about being grateful, appreciative, and enjoying life as it happens.
So on that note.. I very much enjoyed my Saturday...
We declared Saturday a "do nothing" day since it was on the heels of the holidays and our past weekends had been filled with errands and doing this and that and the other.
We built a living room fort...
I introduced Austin to forts the other night when I put a blanket over our coffee table. He is now crazy about them! So we used a big blanket this time and he insisted on "Mommy fort" and "Daddy fort" so we both had to hang out under there with him.
There was also the usual couch-climbing expeditions and car-playing adventures.
Austin jumped off the couch at one point and then claimed the rest of the day that his toe hurt. Since he can be a bit of a drama-queen, we kissed it better and left it at that. Well.. now he is walking with a bit of a limp. The foot and toe aren't bruised or swollen, so he probably just sprained it a bit.. nothing serious.
What did you learn young one?? Maybe not a good idea to go flying off furniture?
I tried to leave to go grocery shopping but Austin didn't think that was all that good of an idea, so he and Neal ended up coming with me.
On the way home, he fell asleep in the car and we thought for sure he'd pass out for a nice nap as soon as we got him in his crib.
Yeah... not so much.
An hour passed of listening to him jump in his bed, bang against his bed, fuss and talk and jabber.
He didn't nap on New Year's Day either, despite spending the whole day at a playdate and knowing he was tired... I was Googling when toddlers stop napping (oh dear lord.. not yet, not yet, please!!!) and found out that at not quite 2 years old he NEEDED to nap still, so a Plan B needed to happen.
I went upstairs, told him it was quiet time and he needed to be quiet or take a nap.
"Do you want to come down and nap with Mommy?"
"Yeah!!"
So I scooped him up, took him down to the couch and laid down with him. He stroked my arm, and my chest, and my face for a bit.. then started breathing hard.. and then twitching.. then was out.
We got a 2 hour nap out of him, thank goodness.
After a rejuvenating rest, it was time to play some Mickey piano, and have some dinner... complete with a pineapple appetizer!
The rest of our night was just playing and doing the usual stuff... running up and down the hall, playing with the dog, and watching some UmiZoomi.
As the night ended, I was going to go lay by the fire, but apparently I was late to the party.
Fire hogs.
No comments:
Post a Comment