Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Lately...


I saw this on several blogs this morning and thought it was perfect for what I was planning on posting. There has been a lot of random things going on in our lives lately, and I haven’t posted in while, so time to catch up!

I’m Stealing…..time this weekend for myself. Neal doesn't know this yet, but I totally am taking some time to read and just be still. 

I’m Reading… Fevre Dream by George R.R. Martin. He’s the same dude that wrote the Game of Thrones books, which I devoured. This one, I’m not super into. It’s his take of a vampire novel, but it involves a steamboat on the Mississippi in the Civil War era and let’s just say there are a LOT of details about the boat, and boating, and how the boat works and how it make steam and how its built, and the boat’s so cool, and the boat’s so fast, and blah blah blah. We get it George. You like boats. Now let’s get to the juicy parts, shall we?

I’m Thinking About….how we've intended to carve Austin’s first pumpkin (he picked it out himself!) for the last several weeks and every night we end up not doing it. #slackers


I’m Loving…. Peggings. Those are pants that are tight and stretchy like leggings. So they aren’t Jeggings because they aren’t jeans, they are pants. So I dubbed them Peggings. Neal hates them. I love them and wear them and prance around in my Peggings and tell him tough luck and he’ll just have to not look at me in them because they are the most wonderful comfortable creation ever!

I’m Looking Forward To…. Thanksgiving. Four days off from my job which has been a madhouse of stress these last few months, and tons of food. I’m already mentally piling up my plate with what I want to eat. Is that weird? If it is, don’t tell me because I want to keep on doing it and dreaming about topping it all off with pumpkin pie. Mmmmmmmm.

I’m Wondering….why people like politics. (ok- my OPINIONS HERE PEOPLE, calm yourself)… because politics are such a game. New guy gets elected. Everyone gets all excited.. “he’s going to save the world!”.. the world doesn’t get saved because it’s a big ol’ mess that is going to take way longer than a few years to fix… people start getting mad at new guy… election time comes, some other new guy comes in and starts promising to fix problems… people get all excited about new guy…. And repeat. Don’t people realize politicians will say and promise us exactly what we want to hear to WIN? It’s all about WINNING and that’s it.  It’s such a game and people get so fired up about it and it kinda cracks me up. But then, I get fired up about Pictionary, so I guess I can understand.  

I’m Eating… anything with pumpkin. Because that’s what you do come Fall. Last weekend I made pumpkin muffins and this weekend I think these pumpkin snickerdoodles are begging to be made and then reside in my tummy.
Recipe here


I’m Disliking… all of the bodily function issues happening with the Glynn children. Austin is drooling all over the place, swallowing too much of it and puking over every surface and person he comes in contact with, Henry ate Olive’s food and had a massive vomit all over our bed, the floor and his bed, Olive hacked up a hair ball, and Henry got scared by a falling high chair tray and peed in the kitchen. And this all happened within 24 hours.

I’m Happy About… Life. (I know, gag me, right??) but its so easy to get down, or wish things were different or focus on the menial things that are not going well… that I’m trying extra hard to focus on the good and be happy about it. I think humans naturally re-evaluate their lives when Fall arrives and start realizing all they have to be thankful about. I have a house, a good job, I’m healthy, I have a great husband, a happy healthy thriving baby… so what if Austin wakes up crying at 2am and I really want sleep? Or some unexpected bill pops up? Or plans don’t work out the way they were “supposed” to? Gotta let go and just be happy about what is good.

I’m Excited About… celebrating Austin’s first Christmas. Wrestling him into cozy pajamas, having him help decorate destroy the tree, watching him play with his the wrapping paper toys… of the joy that is in store for us!!
Our tree last year. Probably the last time it will look this good, thanks to curious baby hands this year!



No comments: