Today the Mr. and I have been joined in holy matrimony for
731 days.
That’s 2 years, folks… plus a Leap Day.
So how would I sum up our 2nd year of marriage?
Exciting
Challenging
Exhausting
Overwhelming
Smelly
Slobbery
Draining
Uplifting
Passionate
Poopy
Sweet
Frustrating
Safe
Joyful
Can a marriage really be all of those things in just one
year? You bet your booty it can.. just have a baby and you’ll see what I mean.
Every single day of the last year has brought with it a
different emotion and a different challenge for us.
Some days were nothing but pure joy and happiness, and
others were full of tears (from me), frustration and arguments.
Yep, we argue. We’re not perfect, and I never intend to try
and make us out to be when I blog about our family.
Babies bring on a whole different level of commitment out of
a marriage because you realize that you aren’t in it for just yourselves
anymore. You have to figure shit out and make it work to keep a family together
and running and happy.
The one thing I cherish above all else is that Neal and I
have the most intense connection and friendship I’ve ever had in my life. He is
my PERSON
(any Grey’s Anatomy fans out there will get this statement!). He is my ONE that
I run to for EVERYTHING good or bad, whether is deciding if I want to apply for
that promotion at work, or if Austin is ready to try solid foods.
I depend on his steadfast manner and level-head to help me
navigate my little boat through all the rough waters. If I ever lost him, I
myself would be utterly, totally lost.
He is my EVERYTHING. No matter how mad I may be at him
sometimes, or how moody I can be and huff off with a “I just don’t even want to
LOOK at you right now!” statement (I am such a girl sometimes!!), his pull on
me can never, and will never be broken.
And dang it all... he makes me laugh when I want to be mad at him!
So yes, in a nutshell there were a lot of ups and downs this
last year (and late nights and exasperated comments at 2am of “just hurry up and change the diaper
already!!!”)… but the ups were all so
worth the downs. Looking over at Neal when he’s with Austin, or knowing that he
is there to get up at 2am with me, change that diaper, let me cry, give me a
Mommy-break when I desperately need it, or make me laugh when I feel like
crying is worth more to me than anything else in this world.
I know, I’m getting mushy here… bear with me…
I guess I could say, that this last year of marriage has
been the BEST year Neal and I have had together because not only did we create
our family, but we learned so much more about each other, and learned how to
talk better, love better, listen better, compromise better and support each
other better than ever before.
So here is to 2 wonderful years! Thank you Nealo... for holding me up, holding my hand, drying my tears, walking beside me, leading me, pushing me, and mostly... just for loving me.
![]() |
| Glo Photography |

2 comments:
Happy 2nd anniversary, what a year! :-)
Happy Anniversary!
Post a Comment