Monday, February 17, 2020

Austin's 8th Birthday Interview

Birthday interviews are one of those things I really wanted to keep up on. When I have my deluded daydreams of having a perfect Pinterest Life, recording my children's answers to the same questions year after year to see how they changed (or didn't change) was one of my goals. 

Then life and a full time job happened.. and yeah. The interviews didn't happen. 

I'm going to try and start them up again. So here is how Austin sees life at 8 years old:


  • What is your nickname: AJ!
  • How old are you: 8
  • What is your favorite color: white, like a snow owl
  • What is your favorite animal: duh, owl.
  • What is your favorite book: Magic Tree House (??? I've never heard of these. I thought for sure he was going to say Dog Man)
  • What is your favorite TV show: Hey Duggee (cute little British-produced show)
  • What is your favorite movie: Legends of the Guardians (not a surprise, the movie is about an army of owls)
  • What is your favorite song: Give Me Everything by Pitbull (another head scratcher. Where did he hear this song?? What?? Pitbull??? LOL)
  • What is your favorite food: chicken strips (ummmm he never orders these in restaurants, and usually complains if we try and make them for him at home. So.... I don't believe this answer)
  • What is your favorite drink: root beer (this I believe. It's a special treat for him and he LOVES it when we let him have a soda)
  • What is your favorite breakfast food: bacon
  • What is your favorite snack: peanut butter honey crackers (see? carb kid)
  • What is your favorite outfit: my owl shirt!
  • What is your favorite game: Monopoly Jr
  • What is your favorite toy: anything Minecraft (I would have guessed LEGO)
  • Who is your best friend: Evelyn!!!!!! (Owen chimes in "he meant to say 'Owen' too")
  • What is your favorite thing to do: hang out with Evelyn (someone had his girlfriend on the brain...)
  • What is your favorite thing to do outside: play baseball
  • What is your favorite holiday: Thanksgiving! (what??? really??? He's never expressed any love for Thanksgiving. Other than it's the day I let him eat multiple rolls)
  • What is your favorite thing to take to bed: my owl squad #SquadGoals
  • What is your favorite place: home (awwwww)
  • What is your favorite restaurant: Olive Garden (again.. Carb Kid. They have breadsticks)
  • Where do you want to go on vacation: Hawaii (???? ok... we are planning on Disneyland, glad to know you'd rather go someplace else)
  • What do you want to be when you grow up: animal rescuer (I can totally see that)

No comments: