2020 sounds like such a weird year to me. It makes me think of vision, or the TV show with good ol; Barbara Walters.
I wonder if the fact that 2020 seems/sounds weird, means it will be a weird year. I wouldn't be surprised. Things have already been weird/stressful at work, and we are only a few weeks into the year.
#Sigh.
Anyways.. I'm not going to talk about work much here, this space is for our family. So here is how we've spent the first few weeks of the new year....
#EwBoys
#EwGirls
You know it's been a good night when the kids pass out in the car!! Especially Austin since that kid is a MACHINE and can go, go, go, go and never gets (or seems) tired. We were heading home around 10:30pm on New Years Eve so it was late, but still.
They look so innocent when they are sleeping!
New Year, New Me... LOL. Not really. But... I am trying. My boss kindly (after a few of us asked nicely) bought a treadmill for our office. My goal is to get on it 2-3 times a week. So far I've stuck to that, and I'm almost (almost) getting to the point where I'm looking forward to my little sweat sessions.
Getting older sucks... in the last few years (and DEFINITELY since having Owen) my body just doesn't want to let go of weight. I eat well, I'm pretty active, and I still have a lot of issues fitting into my clothes. So I'm really trying to change that this year. Let's hope I can stick with it since I HATE working out.
Oh winter weather... the kids are stuck inside a lot and there is a lot of energy... Daddy took them to their school during Winter Break to burn off some steam. I love action pictures of them playing.
Their affection for each other seems constant...even though we have very Ebb/Flow shifts in their moods... we'll go through months where the boys are obsessed with each other, play well with each other, and are just the cutest friends.
Then the tides will turn and they will start bugging each other the minute they wake up, be at each other's throats all day.... etc. Right now we are in a more "flow" stage and they are loving each other. Trying to enjoy it while it lasts!!!!
Speaking of things that are fleeting... Austin is not our huge cuddle kid. Once and awhile he'll want physical affection from us, but mostly he just has his little world and his little bubble and is perfectly happy that way. One night he wanted to come snuggle with me on the couch and I had to capture the moment. He's definitely the Momma's Boy out of the two.
Winter Break came to a close and we celebrated with Menchies! It was back to life and back to reality!
Our reality now means that these two are with me at work a lot, because schools have about a billion no-school days throughout the year. Neal had to go back to work on Monday January 6th but the boys didn't start until Tuesday January 7th. So off to my office we went. They still love lunch in the "big caf-e-ter-we-ah" :-)
Well, then we find these pics on Neal's phone.... and... yep. He's a tween. I can smell the Axe bodyspray already...
There is an old phone of Neal's that we keep in the playroom so we can cast music or shows on to the TV that is in there, and apparently the camera was too tempting to these two one night that we had a dinner playdate.
#AustinAndEvelyn4Ever
Their friendship is so sweet (and innocent, I promise) they adore each other, and have since Kindergarten. I hope their friendship lasts through the years.
So that's how 2020 is starting for us... I realize I didn't have any pics of Neal in this post. I need to be better about capturing moments with him too.




No comments:
Post a Comment