Thursday, September 7, 2017

Life Lately- Beginning of Summer 2017

Ok so we have LOTS to recap!! Summer 2017 was a busy one, even though we didn't really "do" much or travel much...the months still flew by. 

Let's start at the beginning though. Fasten your seat belts, here we go!


My little gentleman. I'm not even sure where Austin learned this, but when we get home from daycare/work, he likes to hold the garage door open for me and bow while saying "You're welcome, your majesty" while I walk in. Again, not sure where he learned that.. but the BOY IS LEARNING WHAT IS RIGHT!!!! #AllHailTheQueen


Daddy may have bought a few more World Series Cubs items when they went on sale... outfitting our cubbies with some hats! We need to get them to Chicago one day so they can see the city they are told they need to love so much. Haha. 


Backyard hockey as the weather started to get warmer!


Neal played baseball with the Outlaws again this summer... so Sundays at the ball field with Daddy were a regular occurrence (I showed up once and awhile, I promise).... the boys always had to bring along some toy, or costume, or something and the day they brought their lightsabers they were thrilled to discover the colors matched the chairs they were sitting in. 



If one kid does something, the other has to follow. Always. Every time. You could go to Vegas and win big on those odds. 


This is probably my favorite picture of me and Owen... that laugh!!!! He did so good watching Austin's t-ball games and staying out of trouble (for the most part). I know he can't wait till he can play, and ran out onto the field a time or two to try and join Austin out there! As long as I had snack after snack coming his way, he was a happy camper. 


In the months leading up to his last day at daycare, I tried to take Austin to lunch as often as I could. The guys who work in my cafeteria got to know their "little friend" ( and called him that) and knew his order: hamburger with unmelted cheese, and fries. And the man-child would eat every last bite. His appetite has gotten beyond scary in the last few months. 


As soon as Austin is done with daycare I want to start eating out once a month... I think it's a fun tradition, something neat to do as a family and hallelujah a night I don't have to cook!!! We started a bit before Austin was out of daycare, and hit up Mikes Drive In on a Friday night. The BEST burgers around, hands down. And the drive-in style of it is fun for the kids and keeps them occupied for at least 7.5 minutes. 


Summer is my busiest time at work, so some Saturdays were spent in the office. One time the whole family came along and the boys had fun with the big coloring poster and all the samples laying around (they spent a ton of time on the Toy Buying team's aisle).... 

Fun samples at Mom's work!\

June had a few cool days, and some rain... which was gladly met by these two who got to use their bumbrellas on the way in to school. After they were used as swords and walking sticks, that is... 


Need to waste some time on a weekend? Go to Fred Meyer. Even if it's just for one thing, wandering around and looking at things always kills some time and is entertaining. Especially when you get your own basket. 


We are starting to enforce the boys doing chores more and more... setting the table, clearing their dishes, letting Henry in/out for potty business, helping put away clean clothes in their rooms, things like that. They had earned enough and saved their dollars to get a new toy! I was proud that they understood how much they had to spend (Austin $13, Owen $11) and picked a toy that I said was in the right range, and didn't whine about something different. They even spent just a bit less than what they had to spend!


The beginning of summer brought the beginning of a new chapter for Austin! Bye first baby tooth!!! He would not let us try and pull it and insisted that it would just "fall out" and I kept telling him that teeth don't usually "just fall out" that they usually come out while eating, or if someone pulls them..... but guess what? It literally just fell out one afternoon. #KidOneMomZero #GoesToShowHowMuchIKnow


In true Oregon fashion we had some really HOT days in June too.. which meant water play at daycare!!! Owen, ever the prepared one, needed to wear his rain boots while in the sprinkler. So, you know... his feet wouldn't get wet. 


Sometimes my kids are calm. And play nicely. And don't want to scratch each others eyes out. Those moments need to be documented. I usually can always get them to color with me for a little bit... like 3 minutes...before more pressing matters come up, like saving the world from bad guys or jumping off things. 


Austin had his end-of-season t-ball awards dinner and got a trophy and a medal!! For participating!!! Haha. These "good job for just showing up and standing around in the field and running towards the ball sometimes" awards kind of crack me up, but he was THRILLED. 




Gramma retired in June!!!! We went down to her school to go to her retirement party and it was so nice to see some of my old teachers, and hear them say nice things about my Mom. Our guest room is all ready and we can't wait to see Gramma more now that she doesn't have to work!!! #PleaseComeLiveWithUs


Question: who DIDN'T hide in the clothes racks when they were out shopping with their Mom? If you didn't, you MISSED OUT. Best little hiding spot ever!


This one. Despite making us think he would NEVER sleep his whole first year of life, Owen has turned into that awesome sleeper every parent should have. The one that will put himself in bed when he's tired. The one that NOTHING can wake him up when he's really out. He loves sleep, and he sleeps like a boss. #OwningThatNap


Pictures from Tumble Bus day at daycare always crack me up. I wish I could spend my Mondays doing flips and jumps! 


Whenever these two look like they are talking, they are either A) plotting about something naughty they can do or B) Austin is bossing Owen around and telling him exactly how to do something, hold something, play with something... this evening I think it was option A and they were figuring out how to propel themselves down the roller coaster while using the golf clubs for leverage. 


Austin's t-ball team!!!



Austin's last game was pretty late in June because it was a make-up game... Owen looks miserable in the picture above because we found out the next day he had a double ear infection. Poor kid! I'm so glad we had a fun t-ball experience this year and am sad most of the kids we befriended wont be on our team next Spring (they were all 6, turning 7 years old, and moving up to the next level).


For the first time since the boys have been in daycare, Neal made it to the Fathers Day breakfast!!! It was the last one Austin would have, so I'm so glad Neal made it (they are always on a Friday and it's hard for him to get away from work). The boys loved having breakfast with him and giving him the crafts they made!

Some of Daddy's Sunday baseball games were HOT!!!


On Fathers Day there is always a baseball game... that is what all the Dad's want to do. This year it was super hot and we were all melting a bit, but we'd do anything for our favorite Daddy! #TheColdBeerAfterwardsHelped


What happens when it's waterplay at daycare and Mom forgets to pack you a change of clothes?? You play in the clothes you have on, then get picked up soaking wet and strip down for the ride home! 


Owen's profile picture for the daycare parent app. He's so dang cute!


We found a good local barber shop that does a good job with the boys' hair... it cracks me up at how little Owen looks in the chair! And how super concerned he looks. Always super concerned. Haha.


If the boys got no toys for the rest of their lives, and only costumes and fun clothes... they'd be happy. They LOVE to dress up. It was 90 degrees out, and they ran inside to "get something real quick" and were gone for 10 mins... suspicious. I was just about to go in and check on them when they bounced outside in their Christmas jammies! I don't even know where they found them... I had them packed away somewhere. Apparently nothing in our house is safe anymore. 


Awe... my kid who sleeps. I love him... so many times he'll just fall asleep on the couch after a long day, and his arms are always up above his head. This picture reminded me a lot of the one I took of him when he was just a week old, I had to put them together. He's growing up too fast!


Baseball Sundays.... we're hot, we're tired, and we're ready to go home by the end of the game. Well, other than Austin who has ENDLESS energy, never needs sleep, never needs to sit down, and after 8 hours of hard playing in the heat, is STILL climbing trees. #HesCrazy



Austin really wanted to make his own toast one morning...


So I showed him how to work the toaster oven....


And he made toast for little brother too. It was so interesting to watch their toast cook!


He just has a special place in my heart...when he's on his own, Owen is the sweetest, cutest little kid I could ever imagine having. I cherish the moments I have with him without Austin around, because those two together are like gasoline and fire. Owen doesn't get a lot of alone time with us, so when we do have it, it's extra special. 

Well, that's the beginning of our summer! More to come with the rest of our summer recap!

No comments: