Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Life Lately.... Signs of Spring! (Kinda)

We made it out of a terrible icy, snowy and wet Winter... and now we are in a fairly cold, wet Spring. 

Ugh. 

There have been a few nice days mixed in here and there, thankfully... and we've stayed busy. Here's the latest....

 We took Owen to his first movie in a theater! We went and saw the Lego Batman movie, and he did so good! He sat and watched the entire movie, and only loudly talked to me or Neal a few times. It's so nice that we can add "going to the movies" to our list of activities we can do with both kids!


Neal and I were gifted Blazer tickets from a vendor of mine at work, which was a very cool treat!! In my position I don't get very many "perks" like this, so it was really awesome, and a really fun date night!


Every once and awhile we will get a sunny wonderful day. It's hard to get in the mentality to go outside and play, even on the nice days, because we are so used to just being inside all the time. Our scooter riding only lasted a few minutes before they wanted to go back in. Baby steps, I suppose...


Don't mind this un-cropped pic from my daycare app. I wanted to capture the comment on the bottom. Owen was chosen as the Calendar Helper on this day, and he did a great job! I love how you can tell he's just so pleased with himself about it!! 


Oh Owen. Our "trouble" kid.. it's always something. Remember how congested he was as a baby? How we were always trying to treat his congestion, and we made trips to Urgent Care, ended up with a nebulizer.. all that? Well we have some concerns about his frequent ear infections/fluid in his ears causing him some hearing issues. So we went to the doctor to get checked out, and these two were having a blast in the mirror. (verdict- one of his ear drums is not responding to sound like it should, so stay tuned while we visit the ENT and have a hearing test this week)


Oh my Mia the Mazda. It was time to trade her in... she was pushing 250,000 miles and we were fixing her every few months. She was such a good car for me... moved me to Portland, took me on adventures... I actually got sad about trading her in. I had to give her one last hug.


And here is the new baby! 2017 Honda Civic. Neal deserved a nice car, after driving Mia for so many years and dealing with all her little mishaps that came with aging... I hope this car brings many new good memories too. The boys think it's "Daddy's race car!!" and love riding in it.


The boys are always excited when my yoga mat is out laying around... they do yoga at school so they know some basic poses. Owen wanted to "do doga!" and I showed him a tree pose and he kinda nailed it! #Namaste


Owen is still very much our fruit kid. Sometimes its a struggle to get him to eat other food. While it's great that he loves fruit so much... there are other nutrients... ya know?? He was quite pleased with himself here, because he stole the blueberries I was eating, after he polished off his own!


The week of St. Patricks Day brought a lot of talk of rainbows and leprechauns! Austin's class set a leprechaun trap, and what do you know?? There was glitter all over it after their nap, and that pesky critter left them all gold coins!! It must have been a reward for the beautiful rainbow art Austin's class made that week. He was so proud of his rainbow!


I caught Owen sitting and reading to himself. It's so cute when kids start doing that! He was going through each page, talking about what was going on in the story... his moments of sweetness sure make up for his super naughty side! 


We finally got a sunny weekend day and brushed off our zoo membership and hit up the zoo! Aunt Patty came with us.. she hadn't been to the Oregon Zoo since she was a kid! So it was fun to show her around. It was cold, but super sunny and we had to visit our favorite lion statues!


Owen got his hair did all pretty by one of his teachers, and insisted on keeping his "pony-ail" in all night... which led to....


....wanting more "pony-ails" the next morning! So we got him all ready and everyone at school loved it!


One of Owen's teachers sent me this. That's him crouching on the ground... a little kid lost his shoe while riding the trike, Owen noticed, and went over to help him. His teacher said he was SO determined to get that kids' shoe back on, he worked diligently for five minutes and finally got it! Owen has a natural compassion for other people that I just love. He understands when help is needed and wants to be the one to step in. My little BoBo... I just love him. 


T-minus five months till Kindergarten! Austin's class keeps journals of different kinds... math journals, writing journals, and science journals, and he always tries his best when working on them. His writing is a bit goofy still, but that's ok. I love how he throws all his focus and determination into whatever he is doing. He's very driven, and I hope that is a quality that stays with him for life. 


When the boys get restless one of the "games" they like is to play is Beauty Shop where they brush my hair and put clips in it. This usually gives us about 30 mins of peace.. and I get my hair played with, so win-win. They are kind of silly hair stylists though. 


We got stuck grocery shopping with both kids one Sunday (they love going to PlayLand at Freddy's but they weren't open when we were at the store) so thank goodness for free fruit to keep them occupied. I came around the corner from getting something and they were both just camped out on the floor, eating their fruit. I guess when you gotta sit down, you gotta sit down.. and the hummus section is as good a place as any.


This is how our house looks 99% of the time. Those beautifully styled houses you see on social media? #Bullsh**..... this is what a house with kids looks like. At least I married a guy who helps me see the humor in it all... since clutter makes me a bit anxious. "Hey, it's like a laser tag course in here!!!" #PewPew


Hooray for another sunny day!! We got to spend an evening playing outside and wearing sunglasses!! 



Nice weather and evenings outside means BASEBALL!!! Owen is starting to "get it" more this year, and even had a few good swings! Notice which way he is facing... he's our lefty!!


We finished up the night with our first firepit of the season!!! I can't wait for warmer weather and more of this... these warm, long evenings are probably some of my favorite with my boys. 

Well, that's how we've started Spring.... come on warmer weather, keep coming!

No comments: