Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Adventuring to the "Max"

Ok, not really because our little adventure wasn't THAT exciting, but I had to make a pun. 

Everyday on our way to school we pass the Max train and the boys have really wanted to ride it to "downtown Porwtland!" so one Sunday night we drove to our nearest Park-n-Ride and did just that!


If you ever want to know if you are a germaphobe, just ride public transportation with your young kids. 

"Stop biting the seat, Owen. Icky!

"Owen, stop licking the bar!"

"Guys, quit touching the window and sticking your fingers in you mouth!" 

"Austin, leave that raisin that fell on the floor! No, do NOT pick it up!"




The ride was about 30 minutes and Austin was pretty enthralled with all the things we passed by on the "twain".... but got stir crazy because of all the stops and kept asking when we'd be there. 

We got off downtown right at the building I had my first job at when I moved to Portland! I had to take a picture.


That was the biggest thing I've done in my life... move to a big city I didn't know well, really really take care of myself... and look what happened. I got my family. I'd say things worked out!

We walked around, went to a fun candy/soda store called Rocket Fizz, and people watched!


We had dinner at a sandwich shop called Pot Belly (delicious) and the boys liked sitting by the window to watch the folks walk by.


And their chips. They liked their chips. Naturally. 

Then we were off on the Max again to head home. What a big time downtown adventure! LOL. 

No comments: