Friday, May 6, 2016

Well That Was Poo...

Well... here was our week. 

It was poo. 

Literally. 

Ah, the tummy bug... foe to every parent out there. Nothing elicits such fear as the tummy bug... 

Am I going to catch it?

Is the other kid going to catch it?

How long is this going to last??

Tuesday as I was on my way up to a meeting (with both my bosses) I literally got the call from daycare while in my building's elevator. 

Owen had diarrhea all day. 

SHIT. 

Sorry Mom, that called for swearing. 

My day was the type of busy that I didn't eat until 10am, I didn't take a bathroom break until noon... I had that meeting and urgent issues to finish up. 

So I did what any overwhelmed working mom would do. 

I got back to my desk, started shutting down to leave.. and I cried. 

And thankfully got in touch with Neal who said he'd pick up the boys that afternoon and take Wednesday off to fight the tummy bug.


Daddy took good care of them!

Tuesday night Austin started having tummy troubles too (awesome, yeah, huzzah), so they both stayed home on Wednesday with Daddy, got some rest, and even made it to the grocery store for some supplies and had some fun before an emergency rush to the bathroom.


The tummies didn't improve... which was frustrating because the boys were energetic, hungry, and happy... they just couldn't digest anything and we had many trips to the bathroom.... my hands are raw from washing every 2 minutes. 


So Thursday was my turn to be at home.. I brought my work laptop home with me, and Owen had fun picking it up and saying "by-eee!!!" as he pretended to be off to work for the day. 



We relaxed and watched movies... struck to the BRAT diet (please send bananas, Owen polished off several bushels) and tried to get those tummies back to good.


The only bright side of sickness is how much kiddos want to snuggle and be near you. 

#JustDon'tSneezeOnMe

Today, we are home still.. since daycare has a "no poo for 24 hour" policy and well, we haven't hit that goal yet. 

#InsertPoopEmoji

Hopefully we are at the end of the road... because... well, it's the poops. And who wants the poops to stay around??? 

Gross.

On a non-poop note.... I got some cute summer dinnerware for patio use this week!!! 


My wine is going to look SO CUTE in those little striped glasses! 

I feel like such an adult... I've never own patio dinnerware before... probably because I've never had a patio.

#Adulting




No comments: