Monday, July 6, 2015

Project 857- June 20

Slowly getting caught up...

Father's Day Weekend!!! Neal's baseball league always has games on Father's Day (the actual day) because Neal claims that's what all the Dads who play in the league want to do on their day.

So we had our little mini celebration on Saturday morning to show Daddy how much we love him!


I got his gifts staged nice... and Owen was a very good little helper and pulled everything off the table.. I guess it looked so much better on the floor or something.


Austin was really into helping Neal read his cards and wanted to open them for him, hold them in front of him for him..



We got Neal a new watch in Beavers colors!! Looks pretty cool on him!!!


Then we had to get ready for the day... and since our house was officially on the market, we have been leaving it in "just in case" shape every time we go somewhere.

It's been a little annoying to do that.. since we have to make sure the sink is cleared, nothing is on the counters, nothing is left out, and everything is show-ready. Doing this every single time we leave, with 2 little kids.. is not the easiest. But just in case someone calls while we are out and wants to show our house.. it must be done.

Austin has been all about it though, and he morphed into "Ninjan Turtle" mode ("Leonardo, cuz he's da LEADER") and very seriously dusted the stairs for us.



He'll clean the house for ya... but he won't be happy about it. No Merry Maids here..

I then headed off for a friend's baby shower and Neal took the boys over to a friend's for a short playdate. They went on a little mini hike around their property and Owen was thrilled!


Seriously. He had fun. I swear. At least that's what Neal claimed. I'll take his word for it.

The boys got home right after I got home from the baby shower.. and we spent the rest of the hot and sunny day having fun in the backyard!






Car rides, sandboxes, furniture obstacle courses... it's a such a hot summer!! Crazy... Oregonians are used to a much cooler, gloomier June.. I just still can't get over how different this summer has been from what we usually get.

Later on as we were inside and winding down, Austin wanted to color with me. Well, he wanted me to color while he told me what color to color what, and he supervised.


Not bad, right?? We make a good team, Mr Bossy-Pants and me..

No comments: